Before our orientation and before Sam and Jesse leave for Shinshu, I wanted us to all get together and have dinner at my place. Jesse, Sam, and I bought supplies on Thursday at Wal-Mart and this cool place called Sultan's.

While in Wal-Mart, Sam was telling me how he received the JASSO and how that made him ineligible for the really cheap housing on campus, so he has to rent some expensive apartment now. How lame! If I'm offered the JASSO, I will check and see if there are any restrictions like his. :-(

Sultan's is just off of Main ST near Studio ONE, and it's the next best thing to the now-defunct Asian Food Mart. They have ramuné, mochi in several flavors, and my favorite favorite furikake of all time, goma shio! That stuff is delicious on rice.

I also bought us Baklava for the ride home. It was quite tasty.

Comments (0)