Hello!

I have wonderful news! I have been accepted into Kansai Gaidai. I received my acceptance letter via email last week. Megan has received hers too, but we are still waiting on Blaine's...more on that later.

I was looking through my information, and it seems that Kansai Gaidai picks us up directly from the Kansai International Airport. The pick-up service is ¥2000 and runs from 9am-6pm on the 23rd.

However...my flight doesn't get in until 7pm. What's more, they don't run the service on the next day (Sunday), so I couldn't use the service until Monday - almost 36 hours later. I think it would be fun to make our own way to Kansai Gaidai, and potentially cheaper by about ¥500, with exception to the hotels. However, hotels are a sunk cost, given the circumstances. That expense will happen either way.

Megan and Blaine will arrive about 13 hours later than I! Wow! That means I have to figure out hotel arrangements all on my lonesome the first night. Should be interesting...! Oh my, the possibilities.

I think, if, possible, I'll be booking through Orbitz or something similar on the state-side, so that when I get there all I will have to do is show my papers to get my room.

I still need to get my visa. Waiting on KG for that one too.


Tyler

Comments (2)

On November 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM , Samuel said...

Congratulations! Now that you know you are definitely in, everything else will be so easy. Figuring out hotel arrangements and such will be no problem at all for you. がんばって!

 
On December 10, 2009 at 6:09 PM , Unknown said...

Here's another recently accepted to-be KG student writing... :D

Looking forward to a good spring in Japan!

// Camilla, Sweden